Civil Grad 2017
Held March 25th at TCU Place, the Civil Engineering 2017 Graduation was a rousing success. Highlights from the evening include speeches from:
- Riley McCutcheon, a fourth-year civil student, who emceed the evening, balancing his great sense of humour with heart and charm;
- Professor Bruce Sparling who provided the greetings on behalf of the department;
- Roanne Kelln who delivered heartfelt congratulations on behalf of the CSCE Saskatoon chapter;
- Our keynote speaker Wayne Clifton, of Clifton & Associates, who recounted both his experiences in Saskatchewan and internationally that lead to his success as an engineer, consultant, and businessman. Providing well wishes and words of wisdom for the new graduates;
- Clarissa Thomas and her mother, Kim Thomas, who gave the toast to the parents and the reply to the toast, respectively;
- Brandon Thompson and Professor Jim Kells who gave the toast to the professors and the reply, respectively; and
- Emma Greendale who finished off the night with the toast to the students.
The speeches were then proceeded by a buffet hosted by TCU and concluded with a casino night event in which raffle prizes were handed out. We hope that our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had a fun and memorable evening. Finally, we would like to take the time to thank all of our speakers and sponsors for coming out and contributing to a memorable evening for our 4th year students, including a special thank you to Wayne Clifton for delivering the keynote address.
Best of luck to our new graduates in their future careers!